Do you know when it’s time to take your child to the dentist? Children need visits to the dentist as much as adults do. In fact, your child should start seeing a dentist when the first tooth appears or after their first birthday. If you take your child to the checkup, you could be teaching your child the importance of taking care of their smile, which could stay with them throughout their life.
Our dentist, Dr. Jorge Rico, cares about your child’s oral health and is happy to help you. That is why, our team at Rico Dental in Elk Grove, California, is excited to share with you information on why it’s important to take your child to the dentist.
– Your child needs to see our dentist as soon as the first tooth erupts or their first year of age to make sure the teeth are growing in healthy and adequately.
– Due to high amounts of sugar in food and drinks, cavities in the baby teeth need to be addressed because if neglected they could lead to gum disease, which causes severe damage to the permanent teeth development under the gums.
– Our dentist can check for gum disease appearing in your child’s smile to ensure the health and strength of your child’s gums are in tip-top shape.
– Help your child get comfortable with our dentist, so they can avoid dental anxiety in their adult years.
– Teach your child the importance of oral health care by visiting our dentist and learning about the importance of their teeth, which could stay with them throughout their life.
With the amount of sugar children are exposed to, it’s only natural for them to need our dentist to help their oral health stay in top-notch shape. If you have questions about your child’s oral health, or if you need to make an appointment, please call us today at 916-684-8200 to make an appointment. We look forward to your call.